Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ringside at the Circus!


Monday night was to be a night to remember! I have to admit that I'm a concert goer, and that usually means a seat in an auditorium or theatre where the action is played out on the stage a polite distance away from me! Not so at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham on Monday 27th March! Accessed via alleyways and behind buildings, the Rescue Rooms are decidedly down beat! The sort of place that my son would frequent and my mother would have a fit if she knew! We'd met up with friends and we were delighted to find a place at the front, next to the barrier, spitting distance from the action, and wow were we in for a lot of that!
Ginger's band featured musicians drawn from a number of other bands and groups, including the cool, good-looking Swedish guitarist Conny Bloom (siiiigh!!!!!). Ginger and his band rocked for two hours much to everyones joy, which reflected back at them when they took a short break and the crowd kept singing continuously until they returned to take up the anthem!

I was incredulous to find myself confronted by the Psycho Cyborgs, body piercing each other only a few feet away, even more ironic that I should have turned them off in disgust the week before when they were featured on a Performance Art programme, muttering that you would never catch me any where near anything like that!!!!! Great night out, great fun, great music, just......great!!!
Ginger Myspace
Conny Myspace
Conny Bloom Jamesons Ad.

3 Comments:

Blogger bluefluff said...

I'm glad you enjoyed being led astray :-)))

30 March, 2006 16:06  
Blogger Daydreamer said...

How much not to tell your Mum what you've been up to Pinky? Lol!

01 April, 2006 15:49  
Blogger Hazeofpink said...

LOL!!! You'd never upset an old lady like that!!! How could you live with the guilt?! ;-)

01 April, 2006 16:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home